Awards & Recognition
The Conservancy is recognized by the communities it serves for its innovation, passion, and dedication.
- 2011 Award from the Charles River Watershed Association for significant contributions to the restoration of the Charles River.
- 2010 "Centennial Luminary" Award from The Esplanade Association for improving the parklands along the Charles River for the benefit and enjoyment of all.
- 2008 “Organization of the Year” Award from Cambridge Community Television (CCTV).
- 2008 Nominee for Cambridge Chamber of Commerce "Non-profit of the Year".
- 2008 Citation from Massachusetts House of Representatives and Boston City Council for partnership with the Allston-Brighton Greenspace Advocates.
- 2008 Facing History and Ourselves "Upstander Award" to Conservancy founder and president Renata von Tscharner.
- 2007 Recipient of The Boston Foundation's $75,000 "Out-of-the-Blue" Award.
- 2006 Nominee by the Boston Society of Landscape Architects for the national LaGasse Medal of the American Society of Landscape Architects.
- 2005 Medal of Merit from The Garden Club of America.
- 2003 Excellence Award by the Boston Society of Landscape Architects.